Come and pray with us! Come and serve!
Come and join us!
As we welcome the Visitation School students – here for their Senior Apostolic Service experience and urban plunge – and with Memorial Day rapidly approaching, we know summer is right around the corner! The Visitation Sisters of Minneapolis would like to invite you to prayerfully consider ways that you might engage with us these warm weather summer months.
- Join the Sisters for Prayer and/or Masses: The Sisters pray four times a day at the monastery; Centering Prayer is every Tuesday morning at 8am at St. Jane House. Call ahead if possible. Contact: Sr. Mary Frances Reis: firstname.lastname@example.org, 612.521.6113.
- First Friday Adoration and Mass: 10:30 a.m. the first Friday of each of each month. Call ahead if possible.
- Cursillo Men Prayer Time: 7:00 a.m. the first Tuesday of each month: Time of prayer and fellowship. Call ahead if possible.
- Code Red: Join with the mother’s of From Death to Life and others (MAD Dads) to pray for peace and be a silent witness: Second Saturday of each month. Prayer 1⁄2 hour, stand near Broadway 1 hr. Contact: Sr. Mary Margaret.
- Movies with Jane: Join with others at St. Jane House to watch a selected movie and then discuss. See the St. Jane House Facebook Events page for more information or contact Brian Mogren at:
- Books with Jane: Join with others at St. Jane House to discuss a selected book. See St. Jane House Facebook Events page for more information or contact Brian Mogren.
- Mentor a Neighborhood Individual or Family: Establish an ongoing relationship with a neighborhood individual or family. Examples: Teach how to clean house gutters, make small repairs; Teach how to budget or make meals from scratch; tutoring, etc. Contact: Sr. Suzanne.
- Sisters Garden: Help plant and weed the gardens at Fremont House. Contact: Sr. Suzanne.
- Door Ministry: Greet visitors to the monastery; Hand out tokens or cub cards; Pray with visitors; Training provided. Contact: Sr. Suzanne.
- Library Assistant: Help with dewy decimal labels; Record new books on spreadsheet; Help shelve returned books/dvds/cds/vhs. Contact: Sr. Mary Virginia.
- Family River Cook outs: Invite a neighborhood family to join you at a cook out down by the river. Purchase and make food; Plan some games. Contact: Sr. Suzanne.
The sisters have a whole list of events that require volunteers this summer. Please see our calendar as we update it. Here’s a sampling of upcoming activities:
- Friday, May 24, 1pm: Women’s Retreat Set Up Contact Sr. Suzanne.
- Saturday, June 8, Neighborhood Mothers March for Peace Contact: Sr. Mary Margaret
- Sunday, June 9, St. Jane House 5th Anniversary Party Contact: Sr. Karen Mohan
- June 15-21, Camp de Sales Contact Sr. Karen Mohan
- June 16 and 29: Provide rides for Youth in Theology and Ministry to St. John’s University
Contact: Sr. Katherine Mullin
June (date to be determined) Catholic Youth Camp Send-off Contact: Sr. Mary Frances
- June (date to be determined): Back to Summer Party! Contact: Sr. Mary Frances
- Water Park Chaperone Contact Sr. Karen Mohan
- August (2nd week) Neighborhood Night of Peace Contact: Sr. Mary Frances
- August (date to be determined): Valley Fair Family Fun Day Contact: Sr. Mary Frances
- August (date to be determined): Back to School Party! Contact: Sr. Mary Frances
“An action of small value performed with much love of God is far more excellent than one of a higher virtue, done with less love of God.” – St. Francis de Sales